Road maintenance on the Rotterdamseweg
During the contest weekend there is road maintenance on the Rotterdamseweg. Travelinformation has been updated. A visual map can be found
To Delft by Car
Set your navigation software to Drebbelweg 5, Delft. In the last 5 years the main road to the University campus (Mekelweg) has been closed, follow these instructions if your navigation system hasn't got this change incorporated yet.
- At the A13/E19 between Rotterdam and Den Haag, take exit 10, Delft-Zuid/TU Delft
- Follow the Signs TU Delft until you drive on a downard slope until the crossing with the Schoenmakerstraat.
- Go right on to the Schoenmakerstraat and at the first crossing go left onto the Watermanweg.
- Follow the road to the left and at the first intersection go right onto the Kluyverweg.
- At the end of the road, go right onto the Rotterdamseweg.
- At the second intersection go right onto the Balthasar van de Polweg, and left on the leeghwaterstraat.
- Go right onto the Cornelis Drebbelweg. the contest site on the middle of the road on the left-hand side.
Parking on the Campus is free.
By Public Transport
Delft has two train stations:
- Delft, connecting to most train connections between Rotterdam and Den Haag HS and also has several bus connections to the contest site.
- Delft Zuid, connecting only on sprinter-lines, it has provides no bus connections, but it is closer to the contest site on foot.
Planning your trip is possible from the website of the.
Bus Line 121 and 69 (only on Friday) stops very close to the contest site by bus stop Aula TU. Bus tickets cost € 2 per person per trip.
To the Netherlands by airplane
The are two airports close by to Delft.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, the major airport hub of the Netherlands
- Rotterdam-The Hague airport, a small airport with limited connections
Amsterdam Schiphol airport is the major airport hub in the Netherlands and has its own train station (Schiphol). Travel time by train takes 30 to 45 minutes and one transfer has to be made on either Leiden or Den Haag HS. More information on planning your train trip can be found on the website of the.
Rotterdam-The Hague airport is a very small airport with mostly price fighter airlines. From Rotterdam airport you have to take the bus (line 33) to Rotterdam Central Station (approximately half an hour)and take the train to Delft in 10 minutes.